Crazy Quilt

Joyce Burkheart, my friend, contacted me a couple years ago about a puzzle she had, that needed solving. In her stash, she had a puzzle alright! Parts and pieces of this quilt were given to me in a sack. I accepted the challenge!

Off to work I went....I pulled out all the pieces and laid them out on the bed to see if I could make sense of the craziness! oh my goodness, what a challenge. Wonky Wacky Idea!
Now trying to make something out of someone else's idea is rather difficult! I tried this way and that way. Moved this piece this way and that way....Arrggghhh! I then came up with this idea...took my picture and pondered on it for a bit!

Shared it with Joyce and she said that was lovely! I had some left over pieces though. So I came up with a pillow idea to go with it!

Off I went to creating this crazy quilt! Here is the results...



I wish she was here to see the results!

Cushy little quilt and pillow to match!

We did talk about what she would like to do with this quilt. Her idea was to donate it to our local library! We had so many classes and group time in the library annex that was for free of charge that she felt compelled to donate it to them as thanks for the usage!

She passed in January of this year so I am planning on talking to the library to do a drawing for this quilt to raise funds for the library in January 2020.

I miss her, I do!
Joyce Burkheart (11/13/1948-1/28/19)
Joyce is the gal on this end in Navy blue! We were working at the library on barn quilts!

Comments