The Rainbow Quilt

I cannot for the life of me remember where I acquired these blocks. When I was going through my stash I recall thinking that these blocks reminded me of my bff NM! And it was put in the project line of things to get done by years end preferably before Christmas!
So off I went to sewing it together.
These blocks have so many colors that I decided I would first lay it out on my bed (the surface large enough in my little bitty house and shop to lay it out on) here is what is looked like
I thought well how was I going to replicate this...so I took notes...stacking them one row at time from bottom to top and notes, notes, notes!
It was a couple days before I could get back to them but I managed to find a bit of time to get sewing these buggers together.
I would sew a strip then hang it up then another and hang it next to it then another and so on.
until I had the strips all sew up!
I shared it with my hubby and my bff NM(who did not know it was for her) and they both approved of the design!
So my next step was to add the batting and the backing...
I thought since this was so colorful, to make it bounce of the quilt, I would go with black!
Oh, wowser did I choose right!
Best of all, She loved it!!

Yes I got it done in plenty of time!!



Comments